Are you nursing a little one and finding that you are hungry ALL-THE-TIME??
There is reason to the madness – we’ve learned that breastfeeding mamas require almost two times as much protein then non-nursing women. In fact, according to The American Pregnancy Association, pregnant and nursing mothers should aim for eating 75 to 100 grams of protein each day!
Eating protein foods throughout the day helps to keep milk supply up, boosts energy without a crash (like sugar can), and it keeps us full for a while so we aren’t heading back to the kitchen 20 minutes after eating.
Here are some easy, high-protein snacks (both store-bought and homemade!) to keep us nourished and fueled for our busy days.
3. Fruit and Nut Bar – Kind Bar
4. Hard boiled eggs – Eggland’s best Organic
6. Cinnamon Honey Roasted Nuts
7. Hummus with carrots or pretzel thins
8. Trail Mix
9. Greek Yogurt Cups
11. Nut butter packet + a banana
12. Protein Shake
13. 2-ingredient almond bites by Happy Tummies
14. Toast or fruit with (healthier) Nutella by Chocolate Covered Katie
15. Fruit with Peanut butter yogurt dip
16. Overnight Oats by Happy Tummies
17. Muesli bar by The Spruce
18. Celery sticks and almond butter
19. Dessert Hummus by Happy Tummies
20. Tuna lettuce wrap
21. Chia pudding by Happy Tummies
22. Peanut butter banana “nice cream” by Detoxinista
23. Sweet potato muffins by Happy Tummies
24. Honey maple roasted chickpeas by Happy Tummies
25. Warm homemade peanut butter with apple slices by Vitamix
26. Chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie by Minimalist Baker
27. Cottage cheese with berries
28. Banana oat smoothie by Happy Tummies
29. Dates and soft cheese
30. Trail mix energy balls by Happy Tummies
31. Nut muesli with milk
32. No-bake quinoa bars From The Lemon Bowl
33. Roasted Peas by Super Healthy Kids
34. Fruit and nut energy balls
35. Energy chocolate bark by A Kitchen Hoors Adventures
36. Whole wheat English muffin and nut butter by Happy Tummies
You made it to the end of the list! I hope these snacks has inspired you to try something new! Do you have any favorites that I missed? Let me know by leaving a comment below.